Sunday, January 13, 2008

There's something in the air.

"There's something in the air" is the new banner for this year's MacWorld, starting next week at the Moscone Center in San Francisco. I just hope MacWorld is going to be boring.

Do launch a video downloads. Or a new TV center. I do not care much for video. My television is an old analog TV, connected to bunny ears. I watch movies using Netflix (and starting tomorrow will also be able to watch unlimited Netflix streaming.)

Do update the iPhone to a faster 3G data network. But I put that in the boring category. And it will not make me an iPhone owner yet.

A sub-compact notebook could be interesting. But I fear it will not be cheap. I suspect it will also introduce a number of new technological wonders. Conventional wisdom advises not to buy first generation new technology. So I would have to wait.

My specifications for a new laptop are light, small (12 or 13 inch) screen, wireless and cellular data communication and with a huge battery life. The DVD player can be external in a base station. A Lenovo X61 does fit these requirements and has been a consideration. Running Linux that is. But it would be second choice to a MacBook or a new small Mac sub-compact notebook. So make my life easy, just update the MacBook with a faster processor. Do not make me wait for the second generation of a cool sub-compact notebook.

Just be a little boring this time. Or bring me the best birthday present.

Update: the keynote in sixty seconds

1 comment:

Edelee said...

I just got an e-mail from Apple introducing the new MacBook Air:
Everything about MacBook Air has been streamlined. And then streamlined again. Except for the things that shouldn't be, starting with the full-size, backlit keyboard and 13.3-inch widescreen display. On the inside (yes, there's an inside), it boasts an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB of memory, and amazing wireless capabilities. Mobile computing suddenly has a new standard.

It looks really nice!!!