Saturday, January 05, 2008

Alternative Workplace Settings

The first four years of my professional life I spent in a cubicle: four gray walls, while overhearing colleague's love life or even job search phone conversations. At Sun, I moved into a private office and on occasion the corner flexible office, overlooking the the courtyard and palm trees. Since RTI was subleasing from Sun, it felt as if I never had left Sun: the office furniture, the sliding door, even the conference room name tags were identical.

Several months ago, when we received the news that our company had signed a new lease for our new headquarters, I prepared a small presentation about different workplace settings. It turned out the new building was an empty shell which we needed to furnish.

Thanks to the new embeddable presentations feature of Google Docs, here is an abbreviated presentation.


No comments: