Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Dear old powerbook

In 2003 I purchased a new 15 inch 1GHz Titanium Power G4 Apple Powerbook. I bought it the day after the new 12" and 17" aluminum PowerBooks were announced at MacWorld. It has been a great laptop, although I had to replace some components while under warranty.

Like many, I've been ogling the new MacBook Air. How can you escape the commercials and that great catchy tune by Yael Naim? However I decided, it is not a laptop for me: it's a bit pricey.

Figuring that Apple will probably do an update before the September school year start, I decided to consult AppleInsider and MacRumors on the rumor mill: when are the new laptops coming? June?

That's when I came across this nice chart of the different Powerbook models over the years. The Titanium powerbook is the second generation.


(Picture: Apple Insider)

Dear old powerbook, please stay a little longer. A least until the new MacBooks and MacBook Pros are around.

No comments: